Practical Paranoia Online Workshops
Our online workshops provide the same Award-Winning Best-In-Class learning experience we have delivered to government, businesses, IT support staff, colleges, and thousands of non-technical users.
- Do you think learning cyber hygiene is above your pay grade? Our workshops have been enjoyed by participants as young as 12 and as old as 91. If you can use your device for every day tasks, you will successfully complete the workshop!
- Are you overwhelmed by fears of hacking, malware, and ransomware? Trust us, we get it. Ever since Edward Snowden opened our eyes with the release of how the NSA and others spy on our every digital step, the media overwhelms us with new stories of the demise of internet privacy. But YOU don’t need to be a passive victim. With the easy step-by-step process learned in this workshop, you take an active roll in protecting your own, your family, and your business security.
- Do you believe you aren’t vulnerable? Every single digital device that has a connection to the internet or local network is vulnerable.
Cyber Hygiene Statistics (2022)
- Cyber perils are the biggest concern for companies globally. (Allianz Risk Barometer)
- 93% of company networks can be penetrated. (From a study of pen testing projects from Positive Technologies)
- Cyber attacks increased 50% year over year. (cybersecurityintelligence.com).
- Ransomware cost the world $20 billion in 2021, and is expected to rise to $265 billion by 2031. (cloud wards.net)
- Average time to identify a breach is 212 days. (IBM)
- Average time from breach identification to containment is 286 days. (IBM)
- Personal data is involved in 45% of breaches. (Verizon)
- 64% of Americans have never checked to see if they are affected by a data breach. (Varonis)
- 56% of Americans don’t know what steps to take in the event of a breach. (Varonis)
What You Will Learn
In your workshop you will not only learn how cyber attacks impact you, but how to take effective countermeasures.
- Prevent data loss
- Create strong passwords–without having to remember them!
- Automate system and application updates and security patches
- Root, Administrator, Standard User, Managed User–choose the right type of account
- Full drive encryption for both the boot storage and external storage
- How to choose the best antivirus utility
- How to configure your device firewall
- Find a lost or stolen device
- Secure your local network and Bluetooth
- Secure your internet browsing from government, advertisers, Internet Service Provider, and employer
- How to automatically encrypt your email
- How to encrypt any file
- Enable secure encrypted voice, video, and text communications
- Protect your social media from identity theft
- How to use your smartphone for health and safety emergencies
- How to securely prepare your device for sale, giveaway, or disposal
Guaranteed to be the Best Workshop
We guarantee the Practical Paranoia Online Workshops to be the easiest and most comprehensive programs of their kind. Each course is lead by Marc Louis Mintz, TPP Program Director, or one of our senior authors, and includes:
- One copy of Practical Paranoia Security Essentials Live! edition (a $64.95 value).
- The full course presented online, viewable on any internet-connected computer, tablet, smartphone, or smart TV.
- Live Instructor Hours with a course leader to help answer course-related cybersecurity and internet privacy questions.
- Final exam.
- Certificate of Completion signed by Marc L. Mintz.
Course length: 15 hours.
Workshop prerequisites: Basic end-user knowledge and skills for the platform of choice. If you know how to tap, double-tap, and save a file, we will guide you the rest of the way.
Hours: The next workshop (focusing on macOS 13) will be taught live starting Monday, March 6, 2023, 12pm mt. After each session is completed, the recording of the session will be available within 48 hours.
for macOS 13
The Practical Paranoid Security Essentials Online Workshop for macOS 13 is designed for anyone and everyone who desires greater device, data, and communication security. If you know how to open, edit, and save a file, we will take you by the hand and lead you the rest of the way. If you are an IT professional, this course is also perfect for you!
We want you to leave this course confident in your new knowledge and skills. Concerned about running into roadblocks during your course? Your instructor Marc Louis Mintz is only a Zoom meeting to answer your course-related questions.
The Practical Paranoid Security Essentials Online Workshop for macOS 13 is unique. This is the first time that Cybersecurity industry best-practices from Apple, Microsoft, Google, DoD, DoE, NIST, and CERT are offered to the non-technical user in an accessible, easy, comprehensive, and hands-on workshop.
You will learn the “why’s” and “how’s” to secure your devices, data, and communication, with no technobabble. Best of all, you will resolve your own cyber vulnerabilities in each course session.
All sessions are presented online so you may participate when most convenient for you. Live sessions open for participation March 6, 2023. Early registration starts today, with our best discounts ever offered.
All you need is your own macOS computer running macOS 13, with an internet connection.
In the Practical Paranoid Security Essentials Online Workshop for macOS 13, you will learn how to:
- Protect Against Data Loss
- Properly format the backup drive
- Create the perfect backup
- Integrity Test your backup
- Back up with Google Drive
- Back up your Google Drive
- Use Passwords Like an IT Pro
- Create Strong Passwords You Never Need to Remember
- Use a Password Manager
- Harden the macOS Keychain Security
- Store Challenge Questions in the Keychain
- Master a Password Manager for Cross-Platform Use
- Assign Password Policies
- Use Multi-Factor Authentication
- Automate System and Application Updates
- Configure Automatic System and Application Updates
- Manually Update System and App Store Apps
- Configure System and Application Privacy
- Lock Down Your Computer with User Accounts
- Enable the Root User
- How to Never Log in as an Administrator, yet Maintain Power
- Create a Pre-Login Policy Banner
- Encrypt Storage Devices
- Enable and Configure Boot Device Encryption
- Enable and Configure Non-Boot Device Encryption
- Enable the Firmware Password
- Use the New Apple silicon Mac Startup Security
- Detect if Your Mac is Secretly Listening or Viewing You
- Use Sleep and Screen Saver to Harden Security
- Configure Password After Sleep or Screen Saver
- Manage Lock Screen Notifications
- Configure Do Not Disturb Mode
- Protect Against Malware
- Choose the Best Anti-Malware Utility
- Use the New Lockdown Mode for Ultra Security
- Block External Attacks with the Firewall
- View Open and Vulnerable Ports
- Activate and Configure the Firewall
- Close Unnecessary Ports
- Locate a Lost or Stolen Device
- Configure Find My Mac
- Prevent Snooping Over the Local Network and Bluetooth
- Prevent Ethernet Broadcasting
- Prevent Ethernet Insertion
- Use the Best Wi-Fi Encryption Protocol
- Configure Your Modem and Router to Use WPA3 Encryption
- Restrict Device Access by MAC Address
- Verify Your Router Security Configuration
- Use Bluetooth Security Protocols
- Block Web Browsing Vulnerabilities
- Choose the Most Secure Browser
- Understand if “Private Browsing” Protects You
- Choose the Most Secure Search Engine
- Browser Extensions: Friend or Foe
- Block Cyber Fingerprinting
- Recover From a Web Scam
- Use Tor for Anonymous Browsing
- Understand Surface Web, Deep Web, and Dark Web
- Find Your Hacked Accounts
- Stop Targeted Marketing
- Ensure Your Email Security
- Email Encryption Protocols
- Enable Mail Privacy Protection
- Create Email Aliases
- Maintain End-To-End Secure Encrypted Email
- When to Use PGP/GPG and S/MIME Encryption
- Stop Email Spoofing
- Maintain Document Security
- Encrypt a Document Within its Application
- Encrypt a PDF Document
- Create an Encrypted File or Folder
- View, Edit, and Delete Invisible Exif Data in a Photograph
- View, Edit, and Delete Invisible Metadata in a PDF File
- Perform Secure Communications
- Create Secure and encrypted Voice, Video, and Text Communications
- Encrypt Your Entire Internet Experience
- How to Choose a VPN Provider
- Resolve Email Conflicts with VPN
- Create an Encrypted Network with Friends and Work with Mesh VPN
- Prevent DNS Leaks
- Fix Social Media Vulnerabilities
- Secure Your Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, and Apple Accounts
- Secure Your Social Media Data After Your Death
- When It Is Time to Say Goodbye
- How to Securely Sell, Give Away, and Trash Your Old Device
Our exclusive online workshop includes:
- A copy of Practical Paranoia macOS 13 Security Essentials book ($64.95 value) in LIVE! Format.
- LIVE! books are continuously updated until the next OS version is announced. They also allow the user to send the instructor questions directly from the book.
- The entire course in live Zoom format, accessible from your computer, smartphone, tablet, or Smart TV.
- Miss a live session? A recorded replay of each live session is available within 48 hours.
- Instructor available to answer your questions via Zoom.
- Certificate of Completion mailed to you at the completion of your course.
This workshop is normally offered at $275 per participant. But, if you order before March 1, 2023 a $200 discount will be applied making your total cost just $75!
After completing this workshop if you do not agree that this is the easiest and most comprehensive program of its kind, we will issue a full refund.
Android, Chromebook, iOS, macOS, Windows
Support Staff –
This Is nearly Perfect!