As reported in Slashdot today…
Resolving this is easy and simple. To help ensure your cybersecurity and internet privacy, let’s do so now.
- Open Firefox.
- (MacOS) Select Firefox menu > About Firefox.
(Windows) Select 3-Line menu > Help > About Firefox.
- Verify you have the latest version of Firefox installed. As of this writing, that is version 88.
- Close the About window.
- Enter the following in the address bar: about:config. The Proceed with Caution window opens.
- Tap the Accept the Risk and Continue button.
- Enter the following in the search field: pdfjs.enableScripting
- The default setting is True. Tap the switch icon to the far right to change the setting to False.
- Close the window.
- Ahhh. I don’t know about you, but I feel so much better now!