As reported yesterday, Amazon has thousands of staff listening to you through your Echo devices.
But there is a way to stop this listening:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
- Select the menu icon.
- Select Settings, found at the bottom of the submenu list.
- Select Alexa Account, found at the top.
- Select Alexa Privacy.
- Select Manage How Your Data Improves Alexa.
- Turn off Help Develop New Features.
- Turn off Use Messages to Improve Transcriptions.
- Exit out of Settings.
Alexa will no longer learn and improve from your responses, but your records will be safe from evesdropping.