New edition, completely updated for macOS 10.13 High Sierra, released September 17, 2017.
The best-selling, easiest, step-by-step, most comprehensive guide to securing your home or business macOS computers.
Official workbook for the Practical Paranoia: Security Essentials Workshop, STEM and college cybersecurity courses. Designed for instructor-led and self-study. The entire course is contained within the book. Includes all instructor presentations, hands-on assignments, links to all software, and security checklist.
You don’t need to be paranoid to know they are out there to get your computer, data, and identity.
- 2,000,000 laptops were stolen or lost in the US last year.
- Only 3% of stolen computers are ever recovered.
- Malware attacks on macOS have become commonplace.
- Hundreds of eyes may be able to see your name and password, along with the contents of every email you send.
- Once the bad guy has his hands on your Mac, it takes under one minute to bypass your password to gain access to all your data.
- With a slight bit of social engineering, your iCloud, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and other social media accounts, along with all your data, is freely accessible.
- Through PRISM and other avenues, our government has access to your online browsing and email history.You don’t need to be an Apple Genius to protect your system!